Saturday, November 16, 2013

Underwear as Outerwear

  I'm pretty equivocal about underwear as outerwear, if it isn't leggings-as-pants or that trend of see-through shirts over bras. That one always confused me.

  I'm wearing lingerie as a dress! Is it evident? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong. :D
Lace dress: Lingerie by Hanky Panky (thrifted)
Underdress: Express (thrifted)
Scarf: Ozz Angelo (Japan)
Hoodie: Prairie Underground long cloak hoodie (old)
Basket locket: vintage (etsy shop)
  I thrifted this Hanky Panky lace thing recently, and read on the tag it's made in the U.S. The brand is indeed a comfort lingerie and undergarment company. They claim to make the most comfortable thong, but really, how great can even the most comfortable of butt floss be? Yeah, I didn't think so.

  AT ANY RATE, I felt like a ballerina wearing this. I spent most of the day inside working on a paper, thus the bare feet. Didn't stop me from dressing up and swanning about (a phrase I picked up from Sheila) my apartment, though.
  I tied my three strips of lace scarf into a knot that confused the hell out of me when I tried to take it off. I'm also wearing my blue rose lampworked earring again. Its mate has been lost for years so now I wear it paired with a simple metal rose stud.
  I like this dress so much I want to make a custom underlayer for it now, since none of my plain underdresses match the cut. What do you think of lingerie as a dress? Too obvious or does it pass? Do you have suggestions for the underlayer? I was thinking a shiny cerulean satin, or a deep green, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! 
 -Love, Fake Ballerina in Her Underwear.

9 comments:

  1. I love the scarf!

    I think a deep rich colour for underneath like green or purple would be gorgeous. Personally I love the idea of slips being worn as dresses. I've seen some great vintage pieces done like this and they are stunning.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's so beautiful! I vote you can certainly wear this as a dress. I would never guess it wasn't.

    I love the expressing "swanning about." I'm spending the day at home today in soft pretty clothes doing exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look! I've always been a fan of underwear as outerwear - I'm addicted to those satin slip things as tunic tops (much to the mister's dismay!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it. I admittedly wear slips as a layer so that they're visible... because they're often so pretty. And this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have guessed that was lingerie at all. I've seen vintage satin slips worn as dresses that look fantastic!! I love the basket necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so cute! lovin the little earrings! x

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    Natalie Off Duty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awaaa! So pretty! I love it as an overdress. Why hide all the pretties underneath your clothes! Plus I love how it dresses up the hoodie-dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to swan about - oh, the drama! Such a pretty lacy dress/thing this is. You could certainly hitch up a skirt and show some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It definitely passes, and looks very pretty the way you styled it.
    I love the idea of wearing lingerie as a dress!
    In fact, I have personally worn and posed for photos wearing Hanky Panky see-through petticoats and babydolls styled with ladies high-waisted opaque full brief nylon panties underneath and have published some of the photos on my blog, YouTube and Twitter.
    I've modelled and reviewed ladies panties on my blog: "Full Brief Panties",
    on my YouTube: misterpantybuns's Channel panty-modelling and review videos, and Tweeted them on my Twitter: @Panty_Buns
    Please feel free to share, post, re-publish and share any and all photos and videos featuring me modelling ladies nylon panties anywhere and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete