Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pink Pants, redux

  Two things never fail to make me happy: sunlight on my face and pink pants. Combine the two and, well... !
Flat cap: Takeo Kikuchi (thrifted, Japan)
Navy button down: Express (thrifted)
Pink pants: Unionbay (eBay)
Jewelry: watch, bracelet (CostPlus), necklace (thrifted)

  I think this flat cap with its traditional Japanese patterned panels is the perfect subtle accessory to both ancestry and my love of old-fashioned menswear.

  I tried tailored navy on top to balance out the loose cargo cut and light pink of the pants. I think the end result is tomboyish yet uh... pink. :D

The following actual conversation took place in a furious whisper at the beginning of class:
me: "Oh no, my scrunchie totally clashes. I forgot to swap it out when I changed hats!"
Athena: "Let me see.  ...haha, yeah it does. Dude don't worry, no one cares!"
me: "I CARE!"

  In the interest of journalistic integrity, I left the outfit intact, clashing hair cloth and all:

  Do you have delicious plans for the weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I just realized something. You're the coolest kid I know. And I know a lot of people!

    Congrats on leaping to the top of that pile. The cap pushed you to the very tip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am honored in the first place to be counted among your friends Ally, but coolest?! This just made my week! A few years ago, I never thought I'd be someone's idea of a snazzy dresser, much less cool! :D :D :D

      Delete
  2. Cute! I love those pants. Cargos can look quite tomboyish, but PINK! I want some.

    I often suffer from the dreaded clashing hair accessory (especially when one changes outfits a dozen times before finally heading out the door. I've been trying to put my hair up after choosing an outfit to avoid having bright orange hair clips whilst wearing a subdued earth tone paisley ensemble, or the like..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Isn't the idea of pink tomboyish pants glorious? I don't know why they aren't more dominant instead of, say, weird prints and silhouettes that flatter no one (see: fall 2013 line)

      Oh man, I am so happy to hear I am not the only person who throws a whirlwind of clothes around and keeps changing before leaving the home. Outfits take energy, not least of all because of the cleanup involved afterward!

      Delete
  3. I adore that cap and the baggy pants. So awesome! My weekend has been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I think you look totally cute! I personally love outfits that come together when I just randomly put on pieces that I might not originally think 'go'. Sometimes clashing can be interesting instead of off-putting.

    ReplyDelete